Thursday, November 17, 2011

I had my hopes up.



I'm feeling very disappointed.

Yesterday afternoon I went to my 4th month OB appointment at the birthing center.  Everything went really well.  As the midwife was just tuning into the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, we heard a loud WHOOOSH noise....and I felt it move!   She said, "That could be movement!"  and I told her how I thought I'd been feeling movement for a little while.   She said it could also be my intestines having spasms.  She said sometimes the spasms feel and sound like movement.  So, there is no way to be sure, but it was still really cool!

Anyway, she said that they would set up an appointment for my ultrasound during my 18th week.  She said it would be around November 30th....which is my birthday, so I was pumped!  I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!

Today, I got a phone call from them and I was informed that my appointment would be on December 13th!! I can't wait that long! That is almost a whole month away!  I feel really sad and disappointed...even to the point of tears! (Yes, I know I'm an emotional-hormonal wreck right now and I wouldn't normally cry about this) But, I did cry...just for a second.

So, I'm going to try and see if I can get the appointment moved up to be sooner.  I wanted to go for the ultrasound here close by, but I'll drive to Women's and Children's Hospital in Charleston if I can get it sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment