Thursday, October 13, 2011

When will I get a bump?

I'm almost into my 2nd trimester now.   I guess that starts at week 13...and I'll be there in 9 days.  I'm still getting nauseous in the mornings....as a matter of fact, I threw up today AND yesterday.  I say "threw up" but it was mostly dry heaves....which is worse than throwing up!  

I really haven't gained any weight yet.  I have been eating carbs and letting myself eat things that I wouldn't have eaten before...mostly due to the morning sickness and food aversions.  (Healthy food looks icky.)  So, I have gained a little bit.....and every once in awhile I swear I can feel a belly, but then by the morning it is gone!      Everyone tells me that I'll probably start to show soon, since I'm small......but nothing so far.  When will it start?  I googled "When will I start showing?" and learned that everyone starts at different times.  Also, it said that 1st pregnancies tend to take longer to start showing.   I guess I should just be patient... I'm sure all too soon I'll be wishing my belly was flat again.

I'll be posting more after my birth center appointment on Monday evening.  I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you to experience hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time!!!! I was almost 20 weeks before I showed much with Caylan. Now with Carly I was only 12 weeks or so when I started showing.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete