Tuesday, May 15, 2012

2nd Trip to the Pediatrician

Yesterday Jonah went to the Pediatrician for the second time.  

His first trip was last Monday when he was 11 days old.  On that first trip he weighed 7 pounds and 10 ounces and he was 20 inches long.  He had already gained back to his birth weight plus a little extra.  (His birth weight was 7lb 6 oz. and his length was 19 3/4 inches)

Yesterday, he weighed 8 pounds and 8 ounces and was 20 and 1/2 inches long!  Dr. Deweese was really pleased that he was able to gain that much weight in a week!  He said, "Most breastfed babies aren't able to gain that much weight"  Yay!  Hearing that kind of stuff sure makes a mom feel better!

I was a little late getting to this appointment.  I was running a bit late anyway, since Jonah decided at the last minute that he was hungry.  I didn't want to go to the doctor with a screaming kid, so I fed him quickly.  Then, after I put him in his carseat and was about ready to walk out the door...... I couldn't find my keys!  I looked everywhere.  He was crying.  I was a mess and starting to freak out.   Finally, I looked in my purse AGAIN...and they were there.  Sheew!  I was only about 10 minutes late....and they didn't seem to mind at the doctor's office at all.







Dr. Deweese said he thought we had a really good baby! He still heard his heart murmur, but he said he could just barely hear it!  So, hopefully it is getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment