Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov 13th Doctor Appointment

I went back to see Dr. Chamberlain on November 13th.  I signed in for my 4:15 appointment at precisely 4:15 pm.   I sat and waited for awhile.  The nurse called me back to get a urine sample, weight, blood pressure, and to ask a few questions.   After that, she sent me back to the waiting room because all of Dr. Chamberlain's rooms were full.  So, I waited out there.  It took a little while.  I can't remember how long exactly.   Then I got into a room.  I waited in there.  I waited.  Then, I waited some more.   I continued waiting.   It was 5:30 before I even saw his face!  He is a good doctor and spends a lot of time talking with me.  He is patient and a good listener.  So, I don't really mind waiting much.  

I was hoping that he would tell me that I could do the VBAC.  However, he said that Dr. Brumfield didn't agree with him.  However, he acted like it was still a possibility.  So, I don't know what to think now.  I need to know.  Next time I see him, I really want to know one way or the other.  

The appointment went very well.  I am still not far enough along for them to measure my belly, but they did listen for the heartbeat with a doppler.   It only took the lady (an assistant in the room with Dr. Chamberlain) about 2 seconds to find the heartbeat!  It was a really loud, strong heartbeat! It only lasted a split second, so they didn't measure the speed.  Dr. Chamberlain said, "Wow, Isn't that a great sound? Nice, strong heartbeat!"  and then he said, "So, there IS a baby in there.  No wonder you've been sick!"

My next appointment is scheduled for Monday December 16th at 3 pm.  Jesse will be there with me since it is also for our anatomy ultrasound! I'm very excited to find out the gender!


No comments:

Post a Comment